Scarborough Toronto OntarioCall Us: (416) 261-3322
Amherst Veterinary Hospital has been providing veterinary services in Scarborough, Toronto and the GTA for over 50 years. We are proud to care for all of your family pets including dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, ferrets and other small mammals, as well as reptiles.
Our veterinarians and staff are experienced in handling and treating a wide variety of species. We strive to treat them all as if they were our own, with attentiveness and compassion.
Our experienced pet groomer offers bathing and styling services on-site. We also offer short or long-term boarding for all types of pets from the smallest canary to the largest Great Dane. Feel free to call or e-mail us with any questions you may have about our practice or your pet’s health. We look forward to meeting you and your pets at your next visit!
– Gilda Radner
Our focus at Amherst is to help prevent illness and to minimize the need to treat preventable diseases.
Amherst Veterinary Hospital is proud to offer comprehensive oral health assessments, cleanings and tooth extractions.
We have ample housing for dogs, and separate dedicated areas for both cats and avian/exotic pets.
During vet college, Dr. Hester completed clinical rotations at the Raptor Center in Minnesota, Best Friends Animal Society in Utah, and the Toronto Zoo.
Pets have always been a part of Dr. Young’s life. She grew up with rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, a hedgehog, cats, fish and fostered many others!
Given the opportunity to step back 40 years and choose a career, it would once again be veterinary medicine
– Bio – Chris is a Registered Veterinary Technician, and member of the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians. Chris graduated from Seneca College in 2001 and, after spending the summer walking camels at the Toronto Zoo, has been at Amherst…
– Bio – It’s ironic that an interest in the career of acting, and a summer application for the theaters at Canada’s Wonderland, lead to Kristi’s interest in working with animals. Hired as an usher in the theaters, Kristi had…
– Bio – Denise began her role as receptionist at Amherst Veterinary Hospital in 2002. She has exceptional experience in the veterinary field, having worked many years as a technician. Denise keeps herself very busy at home with a Labrador…
– Bio – Martina grew up in Pickering and trained to be a pet groomer at our sister clinic Sheridan Veterinary Services, before coming to work here at Amherst. Martina has been grooming for over 20 years, and still has the…
– Bio – Victoria lives in Pickering and joined the Amherst team in October 2015, following graduating from the Animal Care program at Durham College in June 2015. Victoria also works at Toronto Wildlife Centre, helping rehabilitate injured local wildlife,…
Meow meow meow.
Bio coming soon!
Bio coming soon!
Amherst Veterinary Hospital is located in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario just east of the Markham Rd. and Eglinton Ave. East intersection. We are easily accessible by TTC within Toronto, and just a short drive from Markham, Pickering and Durham region. We have ample free parking on-site. We would love to hear from you, so don't hesitate to contact us.